Local Business Networking Leicester
Welcome to LBC (Local Business Connections), our Business Networking organisation is based on respect, loyalty and a willingness to work together to create a mutual win/win situation. Our objective is to bring together local businesses and business owners to share experiences, ideas and support as well as referring and introducing business opportunities to each other.
We sincerely believe that business networking should be fun and so we have a light hearted approach that enables you to feel at ease. We have not lost sight of the need to make contacts and generate business, but we really do believe that it is easier to refer business to people you see as friends.This is the reason why, unlike some Networking groups, we have seen a substantial amount of business referrals and business achieved by the members as we work hard for each other.
Our meeting format emphasises making connections in an open, friendly but productive atmosphere with the flexibility to build on the relationships you want. Its these relationships that will become priceless assets to your business. It is on this basis that we have created our main pillars:
- Sharing contacts.
- Sharing knowledge.
- Sharing experience.
- Open support.
This diversity, provides an instant support network to anyone already established in business or just starting out. LBC members believe in the ‘givers gain’ philosophy. What goes around comes around in the business world, as an effective networking organisation our members are always looking for ways they can genuinely help others by offering good advice, passing opportunities or pointing people in the right direction.
Network to Know, Connect to Grow
It is important to remember, all things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to those people they know, like and trust. Business Networking is about finding other business people who operate in similar markets to you, helping them and building relationships to earn that trust will mean your fellow members become your unpaid marketing team, actively seeking new business for you.
Business Networking Tips
- Have the tools to network with you - such as business cards and brochures about your business.
- Be proactive, introduce yourself to those you are sitting by. You never know who you could end up in conversation with.
- Show a genuine interest in other people, by being aware of their needs you can connect them to people in your network which helps to build trust.
- Take the pressure off, don't expect to ‘close a deal’ every time you walk up to a potential new client for the first time. Meeting people should be the beginning of the process, not the end of it.
- Believe in the ‘givers gain’ philosophy, what goes around comes around in the business world, look at how they can genuinely help others.
- Follow up contacts with a simple e-mail or telephone call confirming where you met and what action, if any, was agreed. Connect them to others & any helpful information.
- Build relationships, the best business is developed when both parties know, like and trust each other, so take the time to get to know other members and establish rapport.
- Arrange a meeting with them for a coffee and start getting to know them. What makes them tick, what are their successes, their aspirations, their skills and experiences. what they are looking for? See if you can connect them to one of your contacts?
Like anything worthwhile, networking takes time and application. The more you let people in to find out more about the real you, the quicker you will make emotional connections with people, make friends, build trust and generate long term business relationships and transactions. Take the time to develop relationships and create a network.
Local Business Connections is a fast growing business networking organisation and we are searching for passionate business owners who are looking to grow themselves and their businesses. If this sounds like you then Contact Us now.